Monday, July 6, 2009

What's wrong with Mindanao?

Today, I am sitting here in my office during lunchtime, ironically not having lunch, (i'm trying to lose weight)but rather surfing the internet looking for news and articles about my province Basilan or Mindanao in general. I am specifically searching for good or at least not-so-bad news about my place, but to no avail. Instead I come across the news about the Blast in a church in Cotabato City that killed five people and injured 35 others last Sunday.



What is wrong with Mindanao?!!!!!

Every now and then, we get to hear news on trimedia about a bomb blast, ambush, kidnapping, beheading, raid, and other gruesome yet celebrated events in Mindanao. Mindanao is said to be the Land of Promise. It hurts me when I want to change the phrase to the Land of Violence, but seemingly it's the appropriate name unfortunately.
Then, I spontaneously think of something to yank the trend a little bit. I would like to start collecting good news about and pictures of Mindanao, most particularly Basilan and post them on this blog, so people can start changing their impression of the Land of Promise.
That said, I would like to encourage all Basilenios or Mindanaoans to please contribute positive articles, news, gossips and absolutely anything worth smiling for to this blog or my email echelon0022@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance!
Magsukul!
Shukran!

e22

No comments:

Post a Comment